Golden Gate : Home
2013 GOLDEN GATE DISTRICT DAY CAMP
Has been rescheduled for another date and location. As the new date and location is secured, we will post the new information as it comes available.
Day Camp Director
RESOURCE STEWARDSHIP SCOUT RANGER PROGRAM
This is a community services based program that invites Scouts to participate in educational programs and volunteer stewardship projects at National Parks site.
National Park Service Website:
or contact Park Ranger Marcus Combs at:
SCOUTING AND SCHOOLS
PARTNERS IN STEM
For more info and brochures to download:
DISTRICT ROUNDTABLE NIGHT
- 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
- The monthly RT's are still at West Portal Lutheran Church, Parish Hall (Downstairs from main Church level), 200 Sloat Blvd.
Next Roundtable shall be the 11th of June
Please register your service hours after your Unit has participated in a community service project, District service project, (e.g.Flag Planting and Scouting for Food) or an individual Scout performing a service project on behalf of the Boy Scouts of America Scouting program within your Unit.
To register your hours, you will need a Unit ID number and to register your Unit online at:
Adult Volunteer Advancement Program
- Please review all available award square knots to see if you or fellow adult leader in your Unit qualifies for a Square Knot.
- If you or a fellow leader qualify, download the form for the respected square knot award, fill out the information and submit to the District Advancement Chair.
- Qualification forms are available at, http://www.boyscouttrail.com/square-knots.asp
- Once you fill out the form, submit to the District Executive, Tom Kenney or the District Advancement Chair, George Yee.
- If you would like to hand deliver the form, please bring to the next Roundtable night on May 15th., at West Portal Lutheran Church, 7:30PM.
- You may also mail the form by emailing for their mailing addresses.
- Please review the awards now, time is short and the District Award Dinner is on the 1st of June 2013, where the knots will be awarded to the leaders.
- Please note: The calendar is dynamic, so you will have to return daily to view the latest updates to scheduled events or newly posted events.
Community Service Work:
- During this past summer, if your Unit performed any community service projects, rather with your Den, Pack, or Troop, qualifies you to register those service hours before they can count towards your Unit. The 'Scouting for Food Drive' in November also qualifies for the service hours. The 'Flag Planting Day' in May is also one of those service projects your Unit can qualify for. To register your service hours, you need the Unit's ID number, the Unit leader who has the number and is responsible for registering the hours, tallying up the total hours and visiting the 'Good Turn for America' website. That is all there is to it. I will even provided the links below for your conveniences. Please register those service hours now.'Good Turn for America' website.Project Ideas & Opportunities