Golden Gate : Training
Go the council Calendar to view all district events.
- Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 8:00am - Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 1:00pm
District Training Information
- All new leaders recently signed up should take Fast Start training as soon as possible. The short training video will provide some brief information to get you started in a new leadership role in a Scout Unit. Fast Start will no longer be offered by the District Training Staff as of Jan. 20, 2004. You can now access Fast Start by accessing the information listed above.
- After you have taken Fast Start, you can move to the next training session which will be the New leader Essentials. At this session, you will be trained on the general aspects of the program and what your role as a leader will fit into the program.
- After you have taken New leader Essentials , you will be able to take Leader Specific Training. In these sessions, the training will focus on the leadership position you have signed up for in your Unit. There will be sessions for Cub and Boy Scouts leaders.
- New and existing leaders are required to take Youth Protection Training as part of their trained status. Existing leaders need to retake this training every two years. YPT is now available on line. If you have been finding it hard to attend one of the training sessions, due to your busy schedule, you will find it to be more convenient now to be trained in this very important subject matter.
- Baloo (Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation) will be offer as an outdoor course revolving around outdoor skills for Cub Leaders. At least one member of a Cub Unit must be trained in Baloo before a Cub Unit can go overnight camping. You must have taken Cub Leader Specific training to sign up for this session.
- Merit Badge Counselor Orientation will be offer once in Spring. This would be your chance to take this session to be inform on the procedures on being a Counselor.
If you have been trained and interested in joining the District Training staff or would like to fulfill a Wood Badge ticket item, please feel free to contact the District Training Chair, Michael Dotson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always looking for enthusiastic adult leaders to help train other adult leaders in running a quality Scouting program.