Mission Peak : Home
Updated October 10, 2015
Boy Scout News Cub Scout News Unit Commissioner Unit Finder
Monthly District Meetings
District Operating Committee Meeting
& Commissioner's Meeting
Eagle Board of Review
Contact Info: Merl Nygren email@example.com
Dates: Usually first Tuesday and third Thursday of the month or as scheduled with the Life Scout candidate. However, dates may change due to number of candidates; site or board member availability.
Order of the Arrow Ohlone Village Meeting
District News & Events
2014-2015 Scouting Year
View the 2015-16 Mission Peak District Calendar (Rev 10/15/15).
The calendar covers the dates 5/16/15-5/29/16. The District Committee has decided to change how we communicate what we consider to be the key District and Council dates for the next 12 months. We are no longer going to send you the "very" busy District Calendar that we have used in the past and have instead decided to give you a one page very readable document instead.
We will try to limit revisions, but they will be made as needed. So be sure to check it out when you see a new revision date. Changes will be highlighted in yellow.
- 5/9/2015 - Initial Revision
- 5/22/2015 - Moved Webelos Woods 2016 to 5/13/16 - 5/15/16
- 10/4/2015 - Updated Tiger Cub Pumpkin Patch date to 10/10/15. Added Dates for Scouting for food 11/14/15 & 11/21/15.
- 10/15/15 - Indoor Rally date moved to 1/29/16
Need to fill out a tour permit? Check out the latest information on filing a tour permit (updated: March 1, 2011).
All registered Cub Scout leaders and "direct contact" active adults need to keep their Youth Protection Training current, which is not more than 2 year old. This course can be taken on line through MyScouting, or when available through a face to face course.
You do not need to be a registered leader nor do you need a Member ID (you can enter this information later) to take the online course. You will need to set up a MyScouting account to take the online YPT. Here's a link to the Boy Scouts of America page where the new YPT requirements are discussed and where My Scouting can be accessed: http://scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx. Here's the link to the MyScouting sign-in page: https://myscouting.scouting.org/_layouts/MyScouting/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f_layouts%2fAuthenticate.aspx%3fSource%3d%252f&Source=%2f.
Remember: When you take a face to face training course be sure to bring your Scout ID card, which includes your Scout ID number. If you are unable to find your Scout ID card, please get your Scout ID number from your Cubmaster or Committee Chair or print a temporary Scout membership card from the Internet Advancement section of MyScouting.
District Changes & News
Want to be notified of late-breaking changes and news in the district? Has your e-mail address changed? Send the following information to MissionPeakDistrictfirstname.lastname@example.org:
- unit #
- scouting position
- e-mail address
- Indoor Rally date changed to January 29, 2016. The location will still be Holy Spirit Church, 37588 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94536 (map)
- Tiger Cub Safari Saturday October 10, 2015 from 10-12 (noon) at Ardenwood Farms
This is the first of 3 Tiger Cub activities where Tiger Cubs will be able to earn segments for a really neat 3-segment Tiger Cub patch set
We will be holding the Mission Peak District Tiger Cub Pumpkin Patch event on Saturday, October 10th from 10 am to Noon at the Perry Farms Pumpkin Patch at the Ardenwood Historic Farm off Ardenwood Blvd. in Fremont (some people may think it's in Newark, but it's really in Fremont).
This is an event for your whole family.
For your Tiger Cub in uniform the cost will be $10.00 which will provide him with a very small pumpkin, a wagon ride, and a Tiger Cub Pumpkin Patch segment. Everything is available to your entire family at the going rate - larger pumpkins, optional wagon ride, but not the special Tiger Cub Pumpkin Patch patch!!!!!. If you have limited time between 10 am and noon that's ok, because you can probably complete everything within 30 minutes or so.
- Tiger Cub Safari April 2016 info is http://www.sfbac.org/camping/cubscout/tigercub
- Tiger Cub Kite Day will be with your local city's kite festival. Fremont will be in May 2016
- Webelos Troop Shopping
- Cub Scout Program Changes
- 2014-2015 Cub Scout Camping Dates
Boy Scouts of America offers terrific programs that help youth grow their character, citizenship and fitness (mental, moral and physical).
- For boys in the 1st - 5th grade, the program is called Cub Scouts, and they are organized into groups called packs, which are typically organized near a school or house of worship.
- For boys in the 6th-12th grade, the program is called Boy Scouts, and they are organized into groups called troops.
- For girls and boys 14 years of age or 13 years of age and completion of the eighth grade and under 21 years of age, there are additional programs. Venturers are organized into crews. Explorers are organized into posts.
For more information on joining Boy Scouts of America or finding a unit in the Fremont, Union City, Newark area, contact Steve Armstrong email@example.com or Justin Brown firstname.lastname@example.org. A list of open units and their meeting notes is posted on our About page.