Mission Peak : Cub Scouts News & Events
Webelos Troop Shopping
As Webelos II start their roundup towards their arrow of light and consider checking out troops, parents and scouts may find it useful to use this troop shopping checklist.
Webelos Naturalist Badge - San Francisco Bay National Wildlife refuge
Anyone out there need to earn a Naturalist badge? We've got the program that's right for Webelos! Learn about birds, migration, flyways, food chains, human impact, and the importance of wetlands. Then take a walk and use our binoculars to spot birds in the wild. This program is available in two locations: Alviso and Fremont.
For Alviso: (Environmental Education Center, Alviso)
Maximum ratio of 1 adult for every 5 children. Space is limited to 20 people and program fills quickly. Reservations are required. Once the program is full there will be a waiting list. Call Debra at 408-262-5513 ext. 102.
• Saturday, September 14, 2013 10:30am - 12:30pm
• Saturday, October 5, 2013 10:00am - 12:00pm
• Saturday, November 23, 2013 2:009m - 4:00pm
For Fremont: (Don Edwards Visitor Center, Fremont)
Bring your binoculars, or borrow one of ours. Space is limited to 15 Webelos. Call 510-792-0222 ext. 363 for reservations.
• Sunday, October 6, 2013 10:00am - 12:30pm
• Saturday, November 9, 2013, 10:00am - 12:30pm
(Note: badges are not provided)
For more information and directions check out the Tideline newsletter.
2013-2014 Cub Scout Camping Dates
As you are planning your 2013-2014 Calendar year please keep inform your pack of these upcoming camping dates:
- Scout Day at Lake Elizabeth (Webelos) — September 20-21, 2013
- Camping Connection for New Cub Scouts and their families — October 19-20, 2013
- Field Sports Day (Webelos) — Mar 8, 2014
- Mom and Son — May 16-18, 2014
- Tiger Cub Safari — April 26-27 and May 3-4, 2014
- Cub Scout and Webelos Day Camp — July, 2014
- Wolf & Bear Adventure Camp — July 11-13 and July 18-20, 2014
- Webelos Adventure Camp — July 28-Aug 2 and Aug 4-9, 2014