Mission Peak : Mission Peak District Roundtable
Updated January 7, 2013
Meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm at the LDS Church at 810 Walnut in Fremont (map).
Next Meeting: January 10, 2013
Future Dates: Calendar
- Contact Info:
- District Exec
Joe Barton firstname.lastname@example.org
- District Commissioner
Gary Ely email@example.com
- Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner's Staff
Steve Rodriggs firstname.lastname@example.org
Larry Seymour email@example.com
- Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
Gail Bryan firstname.lastname@example.org
One of the goals at Roundtable is to minimize the number of meetings you need to attend. Therefore, we try to hold all kick-offs, workshops, etc. at Roundtable. Most of what we do would be of interest to every leader and active parent in a Pack, Troop, Crew, or Team.
Another goal is to have at least one member from each unit attend the meeting, if for no other reason just to bring hot current information back to your unit. In addition, I can't emphasize enough the benefit of networking with others - either sharing what you know, or asking a question for information you would like to know.
Boy Scout Roundtable
Program for the 1/10 Roundtable: Indoor Rally Rules and Demo
Thanks to Indoor Rally coordinator Jeff Airth, who will be joining us again this year at the January Roundtable meeting to present the rules for the upcoming Indoor Rally on Friday, February 8th at the Holy Spirit gym. The rules review was very well received last year, so we have decided to bring it back again this year. There have been questions in past Indoor Rally events about interpretation of the rules, judging scout skills and how the events will be scored. All Scoutmasters of troops participating in Indoor Rally are required to judge the event, and it is important that they understand the rules so that troops may be judged fairly. Jeff will be presenting the different skill competitions, bringing sample supplies (it is the responsibility of each participating troop to bring their own supplies to the rally), demonstrating each of the events, and providing direction on how each event should be judged.
Remember put 2/8/13 on your troop calendars and be prepared to bring your Scout Spirit to the Indoor Rally! Please invite Webelos Scouts to join you and cheer on their host troops.
Cub Scout Roundtable
Where's Cub Scout Louie?
Well he spent the winter break with Pack 199!! Pack 199 had the most leaders present and went home with Cub Scout Louie along with an unopened "Den Meeting in a Box"! We learned a lot about Letterboxing from Gretchen Mora … it is a really cool thing ala "geocaching" but easier & (in my opinion) more fun. Attached is the information sheet Gretchen handed out at the meeting with all kinds of information and links.
It is time for another Cub Scout Roundtable … this coming Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 7:00 pm. We will once again convene at the LDS Church at 810 Walnut in Fremont. The theme for February – which we will cover at this Roundtable – is "Resourcefulness".
What is your Plan B? We will talk about what to do when you've planned a Den or Pack meeting with an outdoor activity and inclement weather arrives. Or that really cool idea you had just took a whole 10 minutes and now you've got some serious time to kill. WHAT IS YOUR PLAN B?
We will also have our monthly arts & craft. If you have an arts & craft idea you would like to share either this month or any month going forward … please let me or Gretchen know!
This is a new year with new opportunities! Come join us … We won't take much of your time but we will give you some timely ideas! See you soon!
(Please forward to anyone you think might be interested. They don't have to be a leader … yet! This is a wonderful opportunity to entice that future leader who is sitting on the fence about whether to take a more active role or not.)
REI at the December RT. Don Seto of REI sends his regrets that he was not able to attend the December Roundtable meeting. Don had a last-minute conflict and was not able to join us. He did say that he would like to make it up to us soon.
OA Winter Camp Awareness update: There is a an update to the date and location for the OA Winter Awareness. To clarify, WCA will not be affiliated with UOS. Visit the OA website http://www.achewonnimat.org/ for details.
IOLS Part 2 (Acorn Part III) update: The Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills course, Part 2 has been changed to April 12-14 at Rancho Los Mochos to deconflict with the FUSD spring break.
Upcoming Events - 2013
- 1/10 Roundtable – Indoor Rally Rules and Demo
- 1/18-19 HAT Snow Camping Awareness – Outdoor Session at Carson Pass
- 1/19 OA Winter Camp Awareness – USS Hornet
- 1/26 University of Scouting – Harvest Park Middle School, 4900 Valley Avenue, Pleasanton - http://www.sfbac.org/training/adult/university
- 2/3 Scout Sunday
- 2/7 Roundtable – (changed from 2/14 with respect to our Valentines!) – East Bay Regional Park Eagle Scout Project Program
- 2/8 Indoor Rally – Holy Spirit Church, Fremont Blvd., Fremont, 6:30. Open to all troops. Invite Webelos to join you for an evening of fun and competition!
- 2/9 SFBAC Council Volunteer Recognition Dinner – location TBD
- 2/23 NorCal Commissioner’s Summit
- 3/1-3/3 Klondike Derby Snow Camporee – Snowflower Preserve at Yuba Gap http://www.achewonnimat.org/
- 3/2-3/3 HAT Basic Backpacking Indoor Session - YLTC 8-5 http://www.sfbac.org/training/adult/hat/basicbackpacking
- 3/14 Roundtable – Robotics Team Competition
- 3/15-17 HAT Basic Backpacking Outdoor Session – Rancho Los Mochos
- 3/23 - SM/ASM Basic (Acorn part I) – Scout House
- 3/24 - IOLS part I (Acorn part II) – Scout House (Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills)
- 4/12-14 - IOLS part 2 (Acorn part III) – Rancho Los Mochos
- 4/11 Roundtable (District Award nominations due)
- 4/19-21 Spring Camporee at Rancho Los Mochos
- 5/9 Roundtable
- 5/11 District Awards Dinner – at SACBC -Award nominations due by the 4/11 Roundtable; Journey to Excellence Awards presented to all qualifying units.
- 6/13 Roundtable – Summer Social Cook-off
- 7/13-25 2013 National Jamboree at the Summit. See info at http://www.sfbac.org/camping/2013_National_Jamboree