Merit Badge Counselor Orientation & Youth Protection
Merit Badge Counselors are the key to success in the merit badge plan.
They offer their time, experience, and knowledge to help guide Scouts in one or more of the 121 merit badge subjects.
Merit Badge Counselor Orienation runs from 9-11:30am
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the aims of Scouting, the BSA advancement process, and the merit badge counselor's role.
- Know a merit badge counselor's duties and responsibilities to the BSA and the Scout.
- Understand and complete the requirements to be a registered merit badge counselor with the BSA.
- List some methods of counseling and coaching.
- Successfully guide a Scout through the merit badge process.