Welcome to the training page. Below are links to countless training opportunities and experiences. Training is extremely important for the success of scouting units.
- Featured Training
- Training for New Leaders (Joining Courses)
- Orientation Courses
- Basic Courses (Position-Specific Training)
- Supplement & Advance Courses
- Additional Training Information
- Upcoming Trainings
Message from Chairman
On Tuesday, January 5th, the San Francisco Bay Area Council Training Committee decided to cancel the 2016 University of Scouting . This decision was based on several factors, including an inability to properly secure a suitable location as well as an insufficient number of volunteers to help coordinate and staff our many class offerings.
As you know, the Boy Scouts of America is a non-profit organization that has always heavily relied on volunteer participation to provide quality programs to the many adults and youth that benefit from the scouting movement.
We apologize for any inconvenience however, and hope that you will see our decision positively and support it.
Even though we have cancelled this year’s course, we intend to begin planning immediately on a grand 2017 University of Scouting program. You are invited to help our volunteer-base team.
Many hands make light work for all.
For more information about the University of Scouting or to find out how you can help our training, camping, membership, advancement, or other scouting program needs, please feel free contact our Council Training Committee at: SfbacTrainingChair@yahoo.com.
Thank you and have a nice year ahead.
Yours in Scouting,
Council Training Committee Chairman/volunteer
San Francisco Bay Area Council
- Trainers EDGE ***CANCELLED***: 4/30/2016
- Scoutmaster Leader Specific: 4/30/2016 8 AM - 5 PM
- Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills - Part 1: 5/1/2016 11 AM - 5 PM
- Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills - Part 2: 5/13/2016 6 PM - 5/15/2016 1 PM
- HAT Cycling Awareness 2016 ***Postponed to 2017***: 5/14/2016
- Scoutmaster Leader Specific Training: 5/14/2016 8:30 AM - 4 PM
- HAT Leave No Trace Trainer 2016: 5/21/2016 - 5/22/2016
- HAT Wilderness First Aid - Session 1 2016: 6/11/2016 - 6/12/2016
- National Youth Leadership Training - NYLT Session 1 2016: 6/13/2016 - 6/18/2016
- National Youth Leadership Training - NYLT Session b 2016: 6/13/2016 - 6/18/2016